Location: N56° 9` 4.781", E26° 36` 32.3" | Website: https://arendolesmuiza.wordpress.com/
The manor of the Arendole, called as Randauka, has been formed on the ancient Liv’s inhabited place on the shore of the river Dubna. The name of the place originates from the word randa (in Liv’s language – the shore). The only road from Randauka leads through the forest to the administrative center of Kalupi. In the sources of history, the manor of the Arendole was mentioned already in the 16th century, when the owners of the Arendole manor were the Grappenbrokes. Later till the 1773 the manor belonged to the Leedenhauzens – Wolfs. Then the manor was purchased by the Baron of Ilukste Jozafat Ziberg. In the 1803 Ziberg’s only daughter Isabelle Helen (1785-1849) marries the earl of the Kraslava Mihail Platter (1777-1862), and not to lose the surname Zibergs, tsar Alexander was the first one that allowed to form a new Plater – Ziberg kin.
The castle was once built as a hunter and resting place for the estate managers. In the architecture of Latgale, the complex of the Arendole castle outshines by it’s luxury and singularity, and has survived till nowadays.
Over time the house of estate managers of the Arendole manor was rebuilt several times. When in the 1895 the manor was inherited by Andrei, the son of Stanislav, one more building, the tower and the kithcen house were added to the manor. After that several farm houses and horse stables were built as well. In 1901 the rebuilt of the manor was finished.
Big distress was caused to the manor in December 1918, when the manor was left by the German troops, who occupied the territory and lived near in the barracks. After the retreat of the Germans, the residents of the neighborhood stole the equipment of the manor, the furniture, the windows and the doors.
The manor was nationalised when the government of the „red whites” came and in the spring of 1919 the commune was established in the manor, where the local workers and the war refugees were involved. On January 6 1920, the Red army leaves the Arendole without resistance to the Infantry regiment of Jelgava. On the 14th of February 1921, according to the law of agrarian reform, from it’s last manager Kazimir Valentinovich the manor were took over by the council of the Kalupe parish. There were 27 buildings mentioned in the deed of the transfer: the house itself, the house of the servants, warehouses, the treshing barn, the grain kiln and the warehouse, the ice basement, the sauna, the hothouse, the smithy, the wind mills, the cow and pig cattle shed, in a rectangle formed house complex with inner yard, where the horse stables with two hay barns, the capheus and three flats were included. There were agricultural machineries and inventory as well as three horses mentioned in the deed. As a result of the agrarian reform, the manor is equipped with a 6th-grade Amulu elementary school and a children's shelter.
Since 2002 the manor is managed and operated by the society "Es Latgalei". The restoration and the renewal of the manor was started with the grain storage of the manor – the roof covering were renovated, the windows and entrance doors were installed. For the house of servants the roof of wooden shingles was replaced, the windows made by an old sample were put, altogether 31. The remains of the stable masonry were also preserved and their restoration were started. The gutters of the house of the estate managers were replaced and the roof was repaired.
In 2004, the manor was included in the list of cultural heritage of national significance.
The Arendole Manor is a large, centenarian park on the shores of the Dubna River, where various tree and shrub species grow. The legendary symbol of peace, love and good will – the white mistletoe - grows in the park as well.