Location: N55° 53` 24.0", E21° 14` 31.9"
Kretinga Manor Museum. Kretinga manor is known since the 16th century. Earl Joseph Tyszkiewicz bought the estate in 1875, he renovated the palace and introduced the conservatory.
Ethnographic exposition „In the Circle of the Sun" works in Kretinga manor house watermill. Our people lived in contact with nature since ancient times, they used to move in a sustained rhythm of the sun, so the ethnographic exhibition „In the circle of the Sun" shows our ancestors loving and worshiping the land, their work and the life in the cycle of the calendar holidays. The exposure is structured around 5 themes: "Waking up the Ground", “Joys and Sorrows of Spring and Summer“, "Autumn Harvest", "The Flax Covers, the Flax Dresses, the Flax Arranges Wedding”, "We Live Waiting for the Birth and Light." When traveling in the time of a year, visitors can get acquainted with our ancestors' most important work, work tools, inventory, household utensils, calendar holidays and traditions. Our ancestors’ work, holidays, customs and their way of life "In the Circle of the Sun" is patronised and led by the sculptures of saints: St. Isidore, St. George, St. Anthony, St. Ann, St. Virgin Mary.
Kretinga manor wooden watermill is known since the 16th century. The stone mill was built in 1770-1771 in the management of the estate of Vilnius Bishop Ignatius Masalskis. Earl Joseph Tyszkiewicz reconstructed it and installed the first hydroelectric power station in Lithuania and a manor joinery workshop in 1878. During the interwar period there was Tiškevičiai oil factory "Oelit“, candy workshop, honey and syrup workshop „Šatrija“. The building was Kretinga state farm mill and a store in the second half of the 20th century.
The housekeeper home exposure. The housekeeper house was built in the last quarter of the 18th century. It was designed to accommodate servants originating from a higher position of the nobility and the townspeople caste. In 1838 the building was reconstructed and adapted to a temporary residence of the estate owners. It is equipped with a small ornate hall with wall paintings, which were decorated by professional artists, well versed in the interior decorating principles of the end of the 18th century - 19th century in Central Europe, especially in England.
In the basement of the building there is Kretinga region exposition, which introduces the history of the estate staff, economic activities in the estate, photography, education, Franciscan history, exile and resistance. The exhibition is installed with interactive presentations “The History of Kretinga City and County“, “Franciscans", "Deportations“. Ceiling and wall paintings of the 19th century are restored in one of the rooms.
Memorial signs - sculptures made of stone are built in the housekeeper backyard to high-profile Kretinga region researchers such as: Juozas Žilvitis (1903-1975), the founder of the museum - the angel trumpet, Juozas Mickevičius (1900-1984), a longevous Director of the Museum – Rūpintojėlis (a worried man), Ignas Jablonskis (1911-1991) ethnic cultural researcher and ethnographer – a pole.
The people believing in God are also attracted to the city by the fact that even five monasteries are located there: the Franciscan Order Monastery, St. Franciscan Missionaries of the Sacred Heart Congregation, the Sisters of Mother Teresa's Convent, St. Virgin Mary of Perpetual help of God the Sisters of Franciscan House, St. Clara Sisters Convent.